Assisted Living, New Hope is Minnesota’s first long-term assisted living program for adults 18 years of age and older with a serious and persistent mental illness. We provide residents with 24-hour supportive services so they can enjoy life’s opportunities. We offer:
- Three or four-bedroom apartments with shared living rooms, bathrooms, and kitchens.
- 24-hour customized living services such as illness and symptom management skills assistance, housekeeping and independent living skills assistance, medication administration, health care coordination, and more as needed. Services are provided according to an individualized care plan.
- Opportunities for community exploration and connections with peers, staff and the local community through work, volunteering and social outings.
- Nutritious breakfast, lunch and dinner served in a congregate dining area.
- Meditative and mindful movement classes, photography expressions, and a step-up exercise program.
Click here for full quality video
Program success is measured on:
- Decreased use of hospitals for crisis or for symptom management.
- Stable housing and independent living skills.
- Management of mental illness symptoms and physical health.
- Community involvement.
About Our Staff
We are a multidisciplinary team of professionals providing a combination of services to promote an individual’s pursuit of life goals, independence and a healthy and safe environment. Team members may include:
- Mental Health Professionals
- Registered Nurses
- Activity Coordinators
- Mental Health Coordinators and/or Case Managers
- Eligible individuals must have a serious and persistent mental illness diagnosis.
- Eligible individuals are adults 18 years of age and older.
- Eligible individuals’ service need is 24-hour supervision and care.
- Eligible individuals must have Medical Assistance and CADI or BI waiver allocation, or other funding to pay for the needed services.
- Eligible individuals must be able to maneuver stairs safely and walk between buildings during all weather conditions. Each resident has their own bedroom but must be able to share a town home with roommates. Must pass housing requirements to rent the apartment or town home.
- To learn more about the Assisted Living, New Hope program contact the Intake Coordinator via email at ALNHInfo@touchstonemh.org or via phone at 763-536-8134.
Touchstone Assisted Living is registered with the Minnesota Department of Human Services as a Housing with Services Establishment and is licensed by the Minnesota Department of Health as a Class F Assisted Living Home Care Provider. The program operates under a contract with Hennepin County.
The following resources cover the cost of our services: CADI or TBI waivered services through Medical Assistance or an individual’s other resources. Each resident is responsible to pay his or her share of the damage deposit, rent, utilities and congregate meals. Housing subsidies are available to assist with rent for those who qualify. Touchstone staff work with each prospective resident to determine eligibility.