Touchstone Mental Health is a Minneapolis-based, non-profit center of excellence dedicated to creating innovative, person-centered care for individuals whose lives are affected by mental illness. We began working with individuals with mental illness in 1982 when five social workers came together to open a residential treatment program, called Sentinel House. Since then, we have continued to expand our services with a unique focus on whole person wellness. We now support several programs across the metro region, including Intensive Residential Treatment Services (IRTS), Crisis Stabilization, Assisted Living, Intensive and Targeted Case Management, Intentional Communities, Care Coordination, Behavioral Health Home, Housing Innovation programs and a Fitness Center.
Touchstone Mental Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider applicants for employment regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, or status with regard to public assistance.
Our Staff Values
- Whole Person Care – We value a multifaceted approach to supporting each person (client, resident, community member) and their individual goals.
- Respectful Work Environment – We create an inclusive and supportive culture through encouragement, engagement and trust. We promote a robust quality of life for all individuals.
- Collaborative – We recognize and support the contributions made by each staff member and understand the power of partnerships.
- Passionate – We are visionaries who strive for excellence and innovation in all that we do.
Current Job Openings
1.00 FTE (Benefit Eligible)
0.75 FTE (Benefit Eligible)
- IRTS Bloomington – Certified Peer Specialist
Less than 0.50 FTE (Non-Benefit Eligible)
- IRTS (All locations) – Mental Health Practitioner
- IRTS Fridley – Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse
- Minnehaha Commons – Mental Health Assistant
- New Hope Apartments – Food Service Worker
Positions are listed based on FTE (full-time equivalent) status.
- 1.00 FTE staff members regularly work 40 hours per week (full-time)
- 0.75 FTE staff members regularly work 30-39 hours per week (three-quarter-time)
- 0.50 FTE staff members regularly work 20-29 hours per week (half-time)
- Less than 0.50 FTE staff members regularly work less than 20 hours a week (part-time)
Touchstone Mental Health offers staff members who work 20 or more hours per week a comprehensive compensation, insurance and benefits package, including:
- Medical insurance and dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life and AD&D insurance along with voluntary life and AD&D insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Accident insurance
- Critical illness insurance
- Identity theft protection
- 401(k) retirement plan with an employer match
- Generous vacation, sick, personal and holiday time off
- Tax-free public transportation pass
- Access to agency fitness center
Touchstone Mental Health was recognized as the 2019 Provider of the Year by the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) Minnesota. The award recognizes an organization that provides mental health services that demonstrate excellence, respect, and best practices.
The Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development (DEED) presented Touchstone Mental Health with an Exceptional Business Partner Award in recognition of our outstanding commitment in the recruitment and hiring of qualified individuals with disabilities.
Touchstone Mental Health has been named a Wellness by Design – Bronze Level recipient. Given by Hennepin County, the award applauds us for taking a leading role in creating a work culture and environment that supports employee health.
Touchstone Mental Health has also been named one of the Top Workplaces in Minnesota by the Star Tribune and is listed under 2017 National Standard Setters.