Billing and Accounting Specialist
Program: Finance and Administration
Reports to: CFO
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
This role supports the finance department and administration program, partnering with key staff in the department and program providing all-around assistance in daily functions.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintain the vision, mission and values of Touchstone Mental Health (TMH).
- Remain up-to-date regarding the various programs of TMH.
- Remain up-to-date regarding agency policies and procedures and perform all functions in accordance with TMH policies and procedures.
- Provide the highest quality of customer service consistent with TMH’s values and standards.
Accounting Support / Credible Liasion
- Training to provide backup for finance department staff medical or vacation leaves.
- Updating client records in the electronic medical record software, Credible, with required documents.
- Assisting members of the finance department with projects as requested.
- Working accounts receivables/rejected claims with Credible.
- Working with programs on rejected claims.
- Call MNITS, PMAPS, Counties to resolve payment or authorization issues.
- Overseeing that Red X or other reports are being followed up in a timely manner.
- Running weekly reports and setting up monthly A/R meetings with programs / VPs to review outstanding claims.
- Train with program staff on batch error reports, how to assist with resolving billing issues.
- Attend weekly meeting with Credible billing staff and communicate between programs and Credible.
Administration Office Support
- Maintaining the Credentialing process to ensure compliancy.
- Working with staff and program payors to ensure all Credentialing is completed ahead of deadlines.
- Assisting with various housing applications, filing and documentation of scattered site or housing with services sites.
- Upload contracts to Policy Manager.
- Assist admin team with kitchen or front desk help as needed.
- Processing daily incoming and outgoing mail distribution.
- Assisting members of the administration program with other duties as requested.
Program Team Member
- Develops and demonstrates a set standard of personal expectations for excellence in quality and quantity of work.
- Demonstrates the ability to build relationships and work cooperatively with others, be part of a team, express positive attitudes and expectations of others, build team commitment by promoting good working relationships regardless of personal likes or dislikes, and sustain professional contacts for the purposes of networking within the team and the field.
- Maintains an underlying curiosity and desire to know more about things, people or issues, including the desire for knowledge and staying current with health, organizational, industry and professional trends and developments.
- Works within the community and among constituents to help create comprehensive relationships that align one’s own and the organizations priorities with the needs and values of the broader community.
- Utilizes the formal and informal decision-making structures within the organization and in the field to achieve goals.
- Utilizes best practices in facilitation, conflict resolution, and meeting management when conducting productive and goal-oriented group interactions.
- As assigned.
The work of this position entails the use of standard office equipment. The work of this position requires that the incumbent be able to see, hear, speak, read and write English clearly in order to ensure client welfare and development. This position may require the ability to drive an automobile occasionally. The incumbent must be able to remain in a static position, use fingers and use repetitive motions up to 2/3 of the hours worked; reach, stand, walk, push, pull, lift, grasp, carry. The incumbent must also be able to lift up to 15 lbs. from the waist, knee or floor.
Education and Experience
- At least two years of experience providing general office support or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of Sage/Peachtree or similar accounting program.
- Knowledge of Credible or similar Electronic Health Record program.
- Professional image, both in-person and telephone interaction. Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively and persuasively orally, in writing and on both an interpersonal and group level.
- Experience in handling a wide range of reception and support related tasks. Able to handle details of a highly confidential and critical nature and function efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced professional environment while providing a strong attention to detail.
- Able to work independently, proactively, and resourcefully. Ability to independently manage multiple tasks and projects with competing priorities and deadlines.
- Commitment to understanding others by genuinely seeking to know people as individuals, understand different points of view by gaining the insights of others, and cultivate cross-cultural sensitivity.
- Demonstrated ethics, sound professional practice, social accountability and community stewardship. Ability to act openly and honestly and promote organizational integrity.
- Ability to act confidently within one’s role and own abilities and to take on challenging assignments.
- Awareness of one’s own strengths and development needs, and ability to seek feedback routinely on performance.
- Ability to understand a situation by breaking it into smaller pieces, identifying barriers or obstacles to address current or future problems or opportunities.
- Ability to speak and write in a clear, logical and grammatical manner in formal and informal situations.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Excel, Word and Outlook.