Program: Intensive Residential Treatment Services (IRTS) Bloomington
Reports to: Vice President of Community Mental Health
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
This position is primarily responsible for managing the Touchstone Residential Treatment Program.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintain the vision, mission and values of Touchstone Mental Health (TMH).
- Remain up-to-date regarding the various programs of TMH.
- Remain up-to-date regarding agency policies and procedures and perform all functions in accordance with TMH policies and procedures.
- Provide the highest quality of customer service consistent with TMH’s values and standards.
Program Management and Quality Assurance
- Ensure program maintains high quality clinical services that meet or exceed applicable internal and external standards and policies.
- Ensure operations are consistent with the mission, goals, policies and standards of Touchstone Mental Health.
- Establish supportive, motivational and therapeutic relationships with clients, ensuring an atmosphere of safety, security and responsible mental health care.
- Provide clinical direction and consultation. Facilitate meeting discussions regarding clinical issues.
- Consult and collaborate with community providers and other parties regarding clients.
- Respond to concerns from clients, family members, guardians, or referral sources.
- Maintain current policy and procedure documentation.
- Ensure program meets or exceeds census expectations. Achieve annual budgeted program utilization. Maintain knowledge of and compliance with funding sources requirements.
- Coordinate with finance director to develop annual budget. Monitor actual revenues and expenses against budget.
Staff Management and Leadership
- Direct and supervise staff to ensure effective implementation of the agency’s mission, goals and objectives. Establish and clearly
communicate performance expectations and delegated responsibilities. Provide ongoing coaching, training and support, and create
an atmosphere for open communication.
- Oversee recruitment and hiring of staff. Maintain the proper staffing levels to adequately schedule coverage. Conduct
- Understand and implement agency policies and relevant external regulations related to staffing.
- Model positive service practices for staff. Provide individual and group consultation, guidance and support to staff members. Maintain high performance standards for staff.
- Identify training needs and implement training opportunities.
Program Team Member
- Participate in team meetings and processes for communication concerning clients and facility.
- Follow established program and agency protocols, policies and procedures. Provide team with thorough, timely, legible, accurate, objective information. Provide input for client care plans. Collaborate with staff regarding client goals and objectives.
- Maintain a collaborative relationship with team. Provide help to other team members as needed. Participate in creating an overall positive community atmosphere with other staff and clients.
- Supervise facility as senior staff on shift when necessary. Be available for emergency coverage on short notice, if necessary.
- Complete required trainings, both upon hire and annually.
Executive Management and Leadership
- Foster and maintain an empowering culture that encourages individuality, diversity, flexibility, creativity and teamwork.
- Promote leadership qualities throughout the agency. Challenge others to develop as leaders while serving as role model or mentor.
- Serve as member of executive management and leadership teams, as well as other teams, as needed. Maintain a collaborative, positive relationship with teams.
- Contribute to agency strategic planning process.
- Participate in agency wide after hours on-call rotation to provide clinical consultation to staff as needed.
- Update executive director and other directors regarding program clinical, personnel, and liability issues, as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain external relations to promote the mission of Touchstone Mental Health.
- As assigned.
The work of this position entails the use of standard office equipment. The work of this position requires that the incumbent be able to see, hear, speak, read and write English clearly in order to ensure individual welfare and development. This position requires the ability to drive an automobile regularly. This position will also be approved to use agency vehicles. The incumbent must be able to remain in a static position, use fingers and perform repetitive motions for 2/3 or more of the hours worked.
Education and Experience
- Ability to meet the Minnesota qualifications of a mental health professional required.
- Experience working with adults with severe and persistent mental illness required.
- Experience in an organizational leadership role required.
- Experience or knowledge of chemical dependency issues for adults with mental illness required.
- Ability to maintain a clean driving record, a current driver’s license, and auto insurance coverage meeting Touchstone Mental Health policy limits.
- Timely completion of the credentialing process via the Minnesota Credentialing Collaborative as services may be billed under this position.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Advanced knowledge of serious and persistent mental illness and related treatment modalities. Ability to serve as an appropriate role model for clients.
- Knowledge of management practices and organizational leadership. Ability to foster teamwork among staff. Ability to model behavior consistent with the agency mission.
- Skills in planning, organization and program management. Ability to foresee and solve complex organizational problems.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities to ensure work is completed in a timely and productive manner.
- Able to professionally represent Touchstone Mental Health in public.
- Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively orally, in writing and on both an interpersonal and group level.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with people from differing backgrounds and cultures.
- Knowledge and skills in budgeting, planning and financial analysis to oversee financial and business operations.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite, including Excel spreadsheets.
- Ability to travel to various locations for meetings and events.