Food Service Worker
Program: Assisted Living – New Hope
Reports To: Food Service Supervisor
FTE: Less than 0.50
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
This position is responsible for client meal preparation and clean-up. This position requires a varied schedule including some day, evening and weekend hours.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintain the vision, mission and values of Touchstone Mental Health (TMH).
- Remain up-to-date regarding the various programs of TMH.
- Remain up-to-date regarding agency policies and procedures and perform all functions in accordance with TMH policies and procedures.
- Provide the highest quality of customer service consistent with TMH’s values and standards.
Supportive & Motivational Client Relations
- Establish supportive and motivational relationships with clients, ensuring an atmosphere of safety, security and responsible mental health care.
- Serve as a role model for clients regarding problem solving, decision-making, conflict resolutions, independent living skills and responsibilities.
- Know relevant current level of functioning of clients, and appropriate needed interventions. Observe client behavior and physical and emotional symptoms and perform behavioral management interventions, as needed.
- Assist in resolving concerns about food services from clients.
- Prepare, serve and clean up after meals. Follow program and external guidelines and policies for kitchen safety and cleanliness.
- Ensure the facility is clean and secure. Perform light cleaning, as required. Report any needed facility repairs. Notify appropriate staff when supplies need to be reordered.
- Ensure proper food storage and preparation to ensure safe food handling procedures in compliance with program licensing requirements.
Program Team Member
- Participate in team meetings and processes for communication concerning clients and facility, as needed.
- Follow established program and agency protocols, policies and procedures.
- Maintain a collaborative relationship with team. Provide help to other team members as needed.
- Participate in creating an overall positive community atmosphere with other staff and clients.
- Complete required trainings, both upon hire and annually.
- As assigned.
The work of this position entails the use of standard office equipment as well as use of standard commercial food preparation equipment such as oven, stove, dishwasher and refrigerator/freezer and utensils such as knives, spoons, tongs and whips, power driven equipment such as a meat slicer or mixer. The work of this position requires that the incumbent be able to see, hear, speak, read and write English clearly in order to ensure client welfare and development. The incumbent must be able to climb stairs, walk, lift, use fingers, grasp, feel, carry and perform repetitive motions 2/3 or more of the hours worked; stoop, be in a static position up to 2/3 of the hours worked; and reach, pull, push, up to 1/3 of the hours worked. The incumbent must also be able to lift up to 10 lbs from the knee and lift up to 25 lbs from the waist.
Current Available Schedule
- Every other Saturday and Sunday – 10:00 AM to 5:30 PM (less than 0.50 FTE, non-benefit eligible)
Education and Experience
- 18 years of age and possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Current ServSafe certification or equivalent preferred.
- Experience in food service preferred.
- Experience working with people who have severe and persistent mental illness preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to intervene appropriately in crisis prevention and de-escalation when necessary.
- Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively orally, in writing and on both an interpersonal and group level.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with people from differing backgrounds and cultures.
- Ability to be flexible in meeting scheduling needs. Ability to work on agency holidays, as required.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of client information and appropriate boundaries.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite, particularly Microsoft Outlook, or willingness to learn, for communication/documentation/educational purposes.