Program: Rising Cedar Assisted Living – Minneapolis
Reports To: Program Director
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
This position provides an array of services that support client recovery and facilitates safe, secure, supportive intervention and crisis prevention. This position also provides supervision and leadership for Mental Health Assistants and provides bridging between day staff and mental health assistants. This position provides ongoing coordination with Property Management regarding building needs and oversees the training and implementation of Emergency Policies and Procedures. This position functions as a part of the leadership team at the assisted living and across the agency. This position requires a varied schedule.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintain the vision, mission and values of Touchstone Mental Health (TMH).
- Remain up-to-date regarding the various programs of TMH.
- Remain up-to-date regarding agency policies and procedures and perform all functions in accordance with TMH policies and procedures.
- Provide the highest quality of customer service consistent with TMH’s values and standards.
Supportive & Motivational Client Relations
- Establish supportive and motivational relationships with clients, ensuring an atmosphere of safety, security and responsible mental health care.
- Work within the community and among constituents to help create comprehensive relationships that align one’s own and the organizations priorities with the needs and values of the broader community.
- Teach and coach clients regarding developing and using effective problem solving, decision-making, conflict resolutions, independent living skills and responsibilities.
- Know current level of functioning of clients and facilitate needed interventions. Observe client behavior regarding physical and emotional symptoms and perform behavioral management interventions, as needed. Ensure co-occurring chemical health concerns are addressed.
- Supervise self-administration of medications to ensure successful illness management.
- Coordinate with Property Management regarding building concerns.
- Maintain an underlying curiosity and desire to know more about things, people or issues, including the desire for knowledge and staying current with health, organizational, industry and professional trends and developments.
- Effectively utilize “soft” and “hard” skills in identifying needed changes, gaining support and buy-in from stakeholders, and sustaining commitment and progress within change efforts over time.
- Effectively use operational and clinical information from internal and external sources, including technology, to support strategies for performance improvement and long-term financial viability.
- Utilize the formal and informal decision making structures within the organization and in the field to achieve goals.
Staff Management & Leadership
- Demonstrate the ability to build relationships and work cooperatively with others, be part of a team, express positive attitudes and expectations of others, build team commitment by promoting good working relationships regardless of personal likes or dislikes, and sustain professional contacts for the purposes of networking within the team and the field.
- Direct and supervise staff to ensure effective implementation of the agency’s mission, goals and objectives. Communicate and hold staff accountable to performance expectations and delegated responsibilities. Provide ongoing coaching, training, resources and create an atmosphere for open communication, including the provision of regular performance assessments.
- Understand and use statistical and financial methods and metrics to set goals and measure staff performance in programs.
- Oversee recruitment and hiring of MHA staff. Maintain the proper staffing levels to adequately schedule coverage for a 24 hour per day, 7 days per week program. Conduct performance evaluations for all staff that are supervised.
- Maintain shift work schedule and provide regular supervision for evening, overnight and weekend staff.
- Share emergency shift coverage and coordination responsibility to ensure adequate program coverage.
- Understand, implement and train all staff regarding Emergency Policies and Procedures.
- Understand agency policies and relevant external regulations related to staffing.
- Provide individual and group consultation, guidance and support to staff members. Maintain high performance standards for staff, including documentation.
- Assist with the development of staffing budget annually, and regularly monitor budget to ensure compliance.
Program Team Member
- Develop and demonstrate a set standard of personal expectations for excellence in quality and quantity of work.
- Participate in team meetings and foster communication regarding clients and facility.
- Follow established program and agency protocols, policies and procedures. Provide team with thorough, timely, legible, accurate, objective information. Provide input in client care plans. Collaborate with staff regarding client goals and objectives.
- Plan, execute and oversee large and small-scale projects, including preparing detailed project plans, managing project resources and providing project oversight and sponsorship.
- Utilize best practices in facilitation, conflict resolution, and meeting management when conducting productive and goal-oriented group interactions.
- Participate in creating an overall positive community atmosphere for all staff and clients.
- Supervise facility as senior staff on shift when necessary. Be available for emergency coverage on short notice, if necessary.
- Complete required trainings, both upon hire and annually.
- As assigned.
This position entails the use of standard office equipment as well as a wide variety of household appliances and equipment including but not limited to the clothes washer and dryer, dishwasher, stove, microwave oven and vacuum cleaner. This position requires that the incumbent be able to see, hear, speak, read and write English clearly in order to ensure client welfare and development. This position requires the ability to drive an automobile on a daily basis. This position will also be approved to use agency vehicles. The incumbent must be able to climb stairs and use fingers for 2/3 or more of the hours worked; remain in a static position, for up to 2/3 of the hours worked; and kneel, reach, stand walk, push, pull, lift, use fingers, grasp perform repetitive motions, carry and drive for up to 1/3 of the hours worked. The incumbent must also be able to lift up to 10 lbs from the waist, knee or floor.
Education and Experience
- Ability to meet the Minnesota Department of Human Service Rules for qualifications of a mental health practitioner strongly preferred.
- At least two years of supervision or administrative experience strongly preferred.
- Experience working with adults with severe and persistent mental illness required.
- Experience or knowledge of chemical dependency issues for adults with mental illness required.
- Advanced knowledge of evidence-based treatment practices and methods preferred.
- Ability to maintain a clean driving record, a current driver’s license, and auto insurance coverage meeting Touchstone Mental Health policy limits.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to intervene appropriately in crisis prevention and de-escalation when necessary. Serve as a role model in this area.
- Knowledge and ability to facilitate groups.
- Commitment to understanding others by genuinely seeking to know people as individuals, understand different points of view by gaining the insights of others, and cultivate cross-cultural sensitivity.
- Demonstrated ethics, sound professional practice, social accountability and community stewardship. Ability to act openly and honestly and promote organizational integrity.
- Ability to act confidently within one’s role and own abilities and to take on challenging assignments.
- Awareness of one’s own strengths and development needs, and ability to seek feedback routinely on performance.
- Ability to understand a situation by breaking it into smaller pieces, identifying barriers or obstacles to address current or future problems or opportunities.
- Ability to effectively plan and strategize when putting forth an opinion or suggested action for the use of persuading, convincing, and influencing as the needs and interests of others are assessed and analyzed.
- Ability to incorporate facts and use critical thinking skills to analyze data and present logical and concise recommendations in oral or written form.
- Ability to speak and write in a clear, logical and grammatical manner in formal and informal situations.
- Ability to be flexible in meeting scheduling needs. Ability to work on agency holidays as required.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of client information and appropriate boundaries.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite, particularly Microsoft Outlook.