Reports to: CFO/VP of Finance and Administration
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
This position is primarily responsible for the organization’s daily and monthly accounting functions.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintain the vision, mission and values of Touchstone Mental Health (TMH).
- Remain up-to-date regarding the various programs of TMH.
- Remain up-to-date regarding agency policies and procedures and perform all functions in accordance with TMH policies and procedures.
- Provide the highest quality of customer service consistent with TMH’s values and standards.
- Performing accounting activities in an automated double-entry accrual-based financial system.
- Managing the general ledger, ensuring the accuracy of information.
- Reconciling balance sheet accounts.
- Producing journal entries and adjusting journal entries, when appropriate.
- Participating in financial policy updates and development.
- Utilizing and maintaining financial data in financial management systems, data bases, and spreadsheets.
- Performing banking activities such as bank account reconciliations and lockbox monitoring.
- Participating in month-end activities including journal entries, billing room and board, donations recording.
- Producing and distributing monthly income statements and balance sheet.
- Working with outsourced medical billing company to facilitate claims submission and follow-up through the electronic medical record, Credible.
- Assisting in document compilation for yearly audit.
- Tracking corporate credit cards.
- Providing backup for other accounting staff.
- Working on special projects as directed.
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures.
- Ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Assist Office Managers in their daily payables and receivables work, including researching and problem solving.
- Develop and demonstrate a set standard of personal expectations for excellence in quality and quantity of work.
- Demonstrate the ability to build relationships and work cooperatively with others, be part of a team, express positive attitudes and expectations of others, build team commitment by promoting good working relationships regardless of personal likes or dislikes, and sustain professional contacts for the purposes of networking within the team and the field.
- Maintain an underlying curiosity and desire to know more about things, people or issues, including the desire for knowledge and staying current with health, organizational, industry and professional trends and developments.
- Utilize best practices in facilitation, conflict resolution, and meeting management when conducting productive and goal-oriented group interactions.
- Work within the community and among constituents to help create comprehensive relationships that align one’s own and the organizations priorities with the needs and values of the broader community.
- Utilize the formal and informal decision making structures within the organization and in the field to achieve goals.
- Function in a professional manner as a member of cross departmental teams.
- As assigned.
While performing the duties of this position the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is required to use hands to write, operate a telephone, keyboard and transcriber or handle objects and to reach with hands or arms. The employee must occasionally lift up to 10 pounds. Vision requirements include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus. Equipment may include, but is not limited to, standard office equipment such as computer, phone, copier, etc.
Education and Experience
- Three years accounting/bookkeeping experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent preferred
- Previous work experience in a medical office preferred
- Experience with an electronic medical record preferred
- Experience with Peachtree/Sage 50 financial system preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office. In particular, Excel
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Advanced computer skills, including use of Microsoft Office suite.
- Commitment to understanding others by genuinely seeking to know people as individuals, understand different points of view by gaining the insights of others, and cultivate cross-cultural sensitivity.
- Demonstrated ethics, sound professional practice, social accountability and community stewardship. Ability to act openly and honestly and promote organizational integrity.
- Ability to act confidently within one’s role and own abilities and to take on challenging assignments.
- Awareness of one’s own strengths and development needs, and ability to seek feedback routinely on performance.
- Ability to understand a situation by breaking it into smaller pieces, identifying barriers or obstacles to address current or future problems or opportunities.
- Ability to speak and write in a clear, logical and grammatical manner in formal and informal situations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of client and staff information and appropriate boundaries.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to problem-solve. Accurate work habits and appropriate sense of urgency. Ability to work independently.
- Accurate use of adding machine.