Tracy was homeless, the shelters were full, and she had no place to go. She experienced severe paranoia and hallucinations and was using drugs to cope. Touchstone’s Housing Innovations staff met her at libraries and built trust with her over time. They helped renew her expired Rental Assistance voucher, then helped her find an apartment in Minneapolis. Our staff helped her furnish her apartment and brought in kitchen supplies. Tracy thought people were watching her, but with regular visits from Housing Innovations staff, these symptoms decreased, and they worked with her on ILS skills including laundry, grocery shopping, and helped her with paperwork. Tracy has lived in her apartment for over one year and has a positive relationship with her landlord. She is no longer using drugs and enjoys the structured visits from our staff. Tracy is excited to reach her goal of getting a job in the near future.
Housing Stabilization Services
- Develops a housing transition plan with the individual
- Assists individuals with the housing search and application process
- Identifies resources to pay for security deposits and moving expenses
- Organizes and supports an individual in their move to housing
- Secures additional services, benefits, and resources to support housing
Housing Sustaining Services
- Develops a housing stabilization plan with the individual
- Provides coaching on conflict resolution and developing relationships with property manager and neighbors
- Assists individuals to access and maintain community services
- Provides ongoing training on responsible tenancy and lease compliance
- Provides early intervention and advocacy to prevent eviction
Home and Community Services
- Provides medication assistance
- Provides health and well-being check-in with individuals
- Offers organized social groups/activities
- Assists individuals with shopping, transportation, and housekeeping
- Provides independent living support
- Offers 24-hour emergency phone support
- Provides supportive counseling and coaching on conflict resolution
Who We Serve
- Housing Innovations serves adults with a mental illness who reside in Hennepin County.
- Individuals must have Medical Assistance to receive Housing Stabilization Services.
- Individuals must have a CADI or BI Medical Assistance Waiver to receive Home and Community Services.
For More Information
If you have questions about the Housing Innovations program, please contact us at (612) 843-3340 or firstname.lastname@example.org.