Assisted Living Referrals
This section is intended for medical and mental health providers. If you are looking for information for you or a family member, please review our Assisted Living Apartments information.
Touchstone has two unique assisted living locations with supportive services designed for adults with a serious mental illness who need 24-hour care.
Provider Referral Information
Assisted Living referrals typically come from a Case Manager through Hennepin County. If you are not a Case Manager or other service provider and you need help in finding assisted living openings contact Hennepin County.
For more information about referrals please contact Touchstone Assisted Living New Hope (763) 536-8134. Touchstone Assisted Living Rising Cedar (612) 314-1000.
Rising Cedar Apartments, Minneapolis, MN – The Rising Cedar waiting list is currently closed and not taking referrals. We are unsure when it will open.
- 40 individual apartments (one bedroom, kitchen, living room, bathroom, ample windows, and storage)
- Unique building design for healing, enhanced health and wellness
- ADA Accessible
New Hope Apartments, New Hope, MN – September 2019 accepting applicants for waiting list, no current openings.
- Shared three or four-bedroom town homes* (individual bedrooms, shared living room, bathroom, and kitchen)
* Residents at New Hope must be able to maneuver stairs safely and walk between buildings in all weather conditions.
Touchstone Assisted Living Services
- 24-hour customized living for adults with serious mental illness based on an individualized care plan (medication management, health care coordination, illness and symptom management skills, housekeeping, independent living skills)
- Community engagement opportunities, social outings, therapeutic activities
- Support in finding education, work and volunteer opportunities
- Nutritious breakfast, lunch and dinner and snacks served in a community dining area
- Access to integrated health and wellness services to improve physical and mental health through health coaching, diet, fitness and holistic services.
- Transportation coordination and provision.
To be eligible for Touchstone Assisted Living, individuals must be:
- Single adults, 18 years or older
- Diagnosed with a serious mental illness and/or co-occurring substance use with a length of sobriety and posing no threat to themselves or others
- In need of 24-hour monitoring and support; must be able to complete activities of daily living (ADLs) independently and administer insulin independently if needed
- Eligible for CADI or BI waiver