Minnehaha Commons Apartments Referrals
Minnehaha Commons offers 44 studio apartments located at 3001 E Lake St in Minneapolis. Minnehaha Commons serves people ages 55 and older, who have a history of homelessness and may experience mental or physical health conditions. Apartments include a housing subsidy, kitchen, bathroom, living room, bedroom space with some furnishings.
Touchstone offers Targeted Case Management, Customized Living and Housing Support services with 24-hour onsite staff for individual support, assistance and community referrals.
To be eligible for Minnehaha Commons, individuals must be:
- Single adult, age 55 or older
- Eligible for a housing subsidy and lease
- Referred through Hennepin County Coordinated Entry System (CES)
Provider Referral Information
Referrals for Minnehaha Commons come exclusively through the Hennepin County Coordinated Entry System (CES). Individuals are prioritized by CES for referrals to Minnehaha Commons based on need. While a preference for Minnehaha Commons can be identified during an assessment, a housing referral to the program is not guaranteed.
The Coordinated Entry System is available to individuals currently experiencing homelessness:
- Individuals using shelter services will be identified by shelter staff for assessment.
- Individuals who are unsheltered can call Matrix Housing Services Assessor at (612) 283-2567 to schedule a time to complete a 20-60 minute assessment. Verification of unsheltered status will need to be provided.
Individuals receiving treatment, incarcerated or living with friends/family are not eligible for housing resources through the Coordinated Entry System.
Unsheltered individuals looking for shelter can visit the Adult Shelter Connect for placement into shelter.